Wednesday 21 January 2015

What We Learnt From The Continuity Task

While filming the 180º Rule task I understood how important it was to have a good storyboard because while filming it we quickly required more guidance than was on our storyboard. This was a problem because we were unsure when filming which lead to the film being slightly shorter than what we wanted to achieve. The reason it's so important to realise this now is because when we undershoot its a lot harder to create a pace as an editor because your very limited to the cuts you can make because certain shots have to be held for a certain amounts of time to create the tension required to grip the audience. To overcome this in the main project I will make sure we have not just a detailed storyboard but also a shot list with an animatic so that we can already have a set plan before our shoot. The animatic allows the pace to be set before the shoot allowing us to already know what the film is going to look like.


Another aspect that I picked up on was that our lighting and location wasn't the best. To make sure this doesn't happen again I am going to make sure we do test shots before the shoot to make sure that the location in mind actually achieves what we want in terms of lighting and sound. This helped me realise the importance of test shots, which we did do but I still think we should of taken notes about it and seen if there was any other options in terms of location.

Lastly I think that we should of practiced with my camera because before we used a phone, which was completely different to a DSLR. The reason I think this is important is because I don't think that the group was entirely comfortable with the cannon leading to the shots not to be the best.

Overall I think that we gained loads of knowledge about filming as a group and will be more confident in filming our second project.

Credit To George Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment