Tuesday 27 January 2015

Storyboard For War Thriller


The Storyboard: 

As a group we discussed what we wanted from our film and the style we were going for, however we had not yet though about what our shots and transitions were going to look like. 
The first step was to create a storyboard, this is because a storyboard allows every member of the group to put their ideas forward and then have a visual representation of the film. Before diving in to this Mariella wrote up a brief story that we as a group had already discussed; explaining briefly what was going to happen in our story Meanwhile Katy gathered locations and costume so that we knew what our characters would look like and the environment they would be placed in and I looked at examples of war thriller short films that could inspire us. 

After those tasks were completed I was given the task of creating a storyboard that would represent our ideas best. To do this I made a storyboard template and printed four sheets so that we could have enough room for every shot. The reason I wanted to put so much work into the storyboard is because I feel that when you have a clearly laid out storyboard it's easier to organise the narrative creatively. 


This task did take me a while because I put a lot of thought into every shot thinking about practicality as well as creativity. An example of this is on the last page shot three because I would of loved to have both characters in the same shot however we would have to use after effects, which in my experience is not very reliable. Therefore I made ​​it an OSS so that we could just have another actor instead of using masks etc. Another aspect I put a lot of time into was transitions because I wanted to make sure that the narrative flowed well to set up the story, which would follow after our opening. Our aim overall aim was to upset the equilibrium without killing off any characters or changing the story. To achieve this we used flash backs to World War Two throughout our opening which would keep our audience gripped. 

  
In addition to this I also made ​​sure that we had research on 'Waterboarding' because I wanted to make sure that the film was some what accurate to the time period we wanted the film to be set in. While doing this I kept messaging my group my concerns and ideas and made ​​sure that they were contributing to the storyboard with their ideas. 

Lastly when it was done Mariella reminded me that we wanted a first person drowning scene that we added as a side 

         note on page two. Overall I felt we worked well as a team on    this one and I hope the film planned. 

Credit To George Turner







No comments:

Post a Comment